Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Freezout Lake, MT










I made the amazing journey this past weekend to Freezout Lake Wildlife Management Area, near Choteau, MT with my friend, Cody, to watch the spring waterfowl migration. The shortgrass prairie marsh habitats bring in close to 220 different species of birds. In March, an abundance of Snow Geese and Ross's Geese land on the melting areas of the lakes and ponds. In complete awe, we watched flocks of birds flying in and out of the area all day. I'm still wrapping my mind around the 50,000 birds we saw and am humbled by the beauty of birds.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the day of adventure, Vicki, tons of fun and what an amazing event to witness - so many birds! 14,000,000 at least...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable! Great photo's...wish I was there this year, too. Look forward to seeing more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots V8! It must have been quite a sight to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed. One of the best experiences ever...almost seems like I dreamed it.

    ReplyDelete